Pages

1.12.2017

Words to live by?

Today's email for the blog challenge suggested selecting a favorite quote and talking about it.  I decided to go ahead and do this one, because I need to get to bed (I'm SO tired!) and it shouldn't take me too long. 

I'm selecting the quote that's on the right side of this blog:
I wish there was a way to know you're in the 'good ole days' before you've actually left them.
 That quote was spoken by Andy Bernard (played by Ed Helms) on The Office series finale.  I remember when he said it, thinking, that's SO true.  The best example I can think of is childhood.  When I was in high school, I couldn't wait to get out of my town.  There's nothing to do here.  We were always SOOO bored.  But now I long for those days, when I could hang out with my friends at school, talk on the phone with them at night and in the summer, be with them from morning until dark.  We thought we were bored, but we really did have a lot of fun.  I'm so glad we weren't bogged down with technology like kids are today.  We were active, imaginative, and creative, in creating activities for ourselves.  Those *were* the good ole days, but when I was 15, I could only think, "It can only get better."  It's all about perspective.  And nostalgia, I suppose.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

love that quote too. and the Billy Joel song that goes,
"This is the time to remember, 'cause it will not last forever
There are the days to hold on to
But we won't although we'll want to
This is the time, but time is gonna change..."

we'll look back on this time with nostalgia too. :(

time marching on has always seemed a little sad for me. it's all good ole days, once you're looking back.

i also think about how someday i'll look back at a pic of me at my current age and think, "oh what was i complaining about? i looked so young there!"