Pages

1.09.2017

The challenge is getting challenging

Ok, this is a quick post because it's time for me to go to bed, but I didn't want to miss posting today.  I'm not sure what to write about, so I'll just go with some random thoughts.

  • Because I had to get to bed early last night, I didn't watch the Golden Globes.  I did, however, hear about Atlanta winning best comedy, and Donald Glover winning best comedy actor, and I felt so pleased. 
  • I didn't meet my reading goal for 2016--I was supposed to read 24 books, but I only got 21.  I've got three separate books going right now, so if I finish those up soon, this year will be off to a good start.
  • Also, if I finish those books up soon, I'll have something to post about here on the blog.
  • The other day, I was with a musician friend of mine and I was telling him how I wish I hadn't given up music (I used to play the flute) and that perhaps I should take up an instrument.  He immediately said I should play the ukelele.  I looked them up online, and you can get one pretty cheaply--I just might do that.  What I really miss, though, is knowing how to read music and the tiny bit of music theory that I used to know.  I'd like to get back into that again.  I haven't made my goals for 2017 yet, but one of them will involve this topic.  I have the bonus advantage in that the friend who suggested the ukelele also teaches it (and other stringed instruments). I just have to find a way to fit his schedule.
  •  I'm in the process of moving--I sold my house and am living with my parents temporarily.  While I'm going through all this house stuff, I've become addicted to HGTV.  Chip and Joanna on Fixer Upper and the Property Brothers are my favorites.  
Like I said, random thoughts.  Good night!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

i like random thoughts.

i have and play a uke. it's very easy to pick up- being that it's only four strings, it's easier than guitar. BUT you won't get to challenge your brain much with the music reading, like you did with the flute. do you still have your flute? what about piano? or more flute? i am so excited your doing that...whatever you end up doing...MUSIC! good for your brain and definitely good for your soul and i know how much music means to you.

i'm off to do my blogpost now too. i'm so tired and not in the mood BUT thanks to you, i'm pretty committed to keeping this up all month. it helps having a budding along side me for sure. so thank you.

Anonymous said...

I think I still have my flute if interested! Check the floor of my closet. Take it for spin!