Pages

1.15.2017

In Her Shoes

I've been listening to Jennifer Weiner's book, Hungry Heart on Audible.  After hearing her tell about how her book, In Her Shoes, came to be a movie with Toni Collette, Cameron Diaz, and Shirley MacLaine, I decided to watch the movie again this evening.  It'd been a long time since I'd seen it, and even longer since I read the book, so I only remembered bits and pieces.  Now I can say, it really is a good movie about the strong bond between sisters.  Although Rose and Maggie had a pretty tumultuous relationship, they're ultimately there for each other no matter what.  I can't help but think of my own sister--our relationship wasn't as fraught as Rose and Maggie's, but we did used to fight a lot when we were younger.  In college, we became friends, and now we're the best of friends.  I don't know what I'd do without her.  Watching the movie tonight made me reflect on that, and I'm so grateful that she's my sister.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...schucks. I've always loved that movie! I may even place it in my top 10 or maybe. And love the book! And love that you are my big sis, too! And I'd like to note that our fighting in our younger years was usually your fault. That's all.

Valerie said...

No. Let the record show that you randomly attacked me with your biting teeth! You might enjoy Jennifer Weiner's memoir where she talks about how Good in Bed and In Her Shoes came to be.