Pages

1.03.2017

So much admiration

As I mentioned the other day, I'm participating in a challenge to write one blog post a day for the month of January (Ultimate Blog Challenge).  I should mention that I'm only loosely participating in it--I signed up to receive daily emails and posting once daily, but since I'm really not focused on gaining a larger audience, nor am I selling anything, I'm not following all the rules such as tweeting about my posts, or posting them on Facebook or commenting on others' posts.  

The daily email for Day 3 suggested the topic: Who Do You Admire and Why?  I thought this was a good topic and with only 17 days left of his presidency, I have to say President Barack Obama and his whole family.  I admire how he remained so eloquent and measured and reasoned throughout his term while facing so much opposition.  He's a man of integrity and I greatly admire that.  There's a meme going around talking about how there have been no scandals in his presidency--no affairs, no drunken children, wholesome family, etc.  All of that is to be admired.  I will miss the charm and grace he and his family brought to the office.  It will be all the more missed considering what's coming next, but this is not a political blog and I'll save that for others to write about.

I just wanted to tip my hat to President Obama.  Pete Souza, the official White House photographer, posted a wonderful collection of his favorite photos from 2016.  The ones with kids are my favorites. 


5 comments:

Kerri said...

as usual, i agree with you so much. regardless of politics, i would think most people would agree that's a great family! i already miss Obama.

Valerie said...

I do too. :(

Anonymous said...

Agree! And with so many people against him you know they have been digging for anything they could find on him and he has come up squeaky clean! He's an inspiration! So sad for the next 4 years - hopefully no more than 4. Fingers crossed!

Kerri said...

i'm like you with this challenge, btw. posting daily (so far, so good) but not doing the promoting stuff b/c i don't really have a reason to. ;) i'm SO glad you're doing it tho b/c i love reading your blog.

Valerie said...

Likewise Kerri! Thanks for telling me about it. I'm enjoying your posts too.