Pages

1.20.2017

Hungry Heart by Jennifer Weiner

Hungry Heart: Adventures in Life, Love, and WritingHungry Heart: Adventures in Life, Love, and Writing by Jennifer Weiner

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I listened to the audio version of this book, read by Jennifer Weiner, and really enjoyed it. It was interesting to hear essays about her childhood, college years, and early 20s, and her family, and see how those pieces of herself fit into her books Good in Bed and In Her Shoes. I was particularly moved by the essays about her father, her miscarriage, her pets. She has a couple of chapters about tweets she shared--one was interesting, but the other was all about The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. On the audio version, each tweet is introduced by a birdie tweet sound, and in The Bachelor chapter, it was quite annoying. I follow her on Twitter and find her Bachelor tweets annoying there too. But beyond that, I found the rest funny, honest, sad, cute, and/or charming (especially the parts concerning her Nanna).

View all my reviews

2 comments:

Kerri said...

this reminds me to ask.. have you started using litsy yet? since you told me about it, i think i've made a post about each book i've read on there! i really like that app- i just wish more people were on it/using it.

Valerie said...

I downloaded the app, but haven't used it because I haven't figured out how to get creative with photos for my books on Kindle or Audible. I'll go check it out again though because I'm always curious to know what you're reading.