Pages

1.10.2017

Thank you, President Obama

I just finished watching President Obama's farewell speech.  I was doing fine until they showed Michelle and Malia, and then Malia wiped away some tears.  That's when my own tears started up.  I'm so glad to have been alive for this presidency, and so proud to have been there when it all began, on that 19-degree morning for his first inauguration.
Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

No automatic alt text available.


Thank you Mr. President.  I wish you and your family all the best.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

HOW COOL that you were there on inauguration day! what a historical moment and all. worth braving the cold for, for sure! will you being going this year? (kidding)

Kerri said...

and by the way... i missed it last night. i'll have to find it online b/c everyone was talking about it.