Pages

9.29.2018

Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi

Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of OrĂ¯sha, #1)Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read through some of the negative reviews on Amazon and Goodreads and agree with a lot of them, particularly about the writing style, the plot holes, and the romance. Still, I was engaged the whole time and ultimately didn't feel disappointed.  I LOVE the cover.  I also enjoyed the audio version (I alternated between the book and the Audible--I often read along as I listened to the Audible because I liked to hear how the Yoruban words were pronounced.  It was actually sometimes important to see the words on the page while listening to the audio because in the book, the author often puts the characters' inner thoughts into italics.  When you listen to the audio, it sounds like those words are being spoken.  Overall, I enjoyed it.

No comments: