Pages

9.11.2018

In remembrance - 9/11

I posted this on 9/11 in 2009 and the sentiment remains the same.  Maybe even more so.

----------------


This is the Wrigley Bldg in Chicago, but there's a building in my home town that started draping a flag over the building like this right after 9/11.  I noticed it was up today, but I was on the highway and couldn't take a picture.  As I drove by, I couldn't help but think of that horrible day.  I can remember everything so clearly, and I will never forget it. I will also never forget what I saw on 9/12/01.  As I was driving to work, I saw a jogger on the side of the road carrying a huge flag as he ran.  It brought tears to my eyes then, and when I think of it now, the same thing happens.  I also remember how our country really came together in those days after the attacks.  I hope we can get back to that common sense of pride in our country some day.

Today I am thinking of those who lost their lives or lost loved ones.

1 comment:

kerriari said...

beautiful image- sad day