Pages

1.03.2019

Something in the WaterSomething in the Water by Catherine Steadman

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I listened to the Audible of this. The author (an actress from Downton Abbey) is the narrator, and she is fantastic. I give the audio performance 5/5 stars. The story, however, dragged a lot for me. I grew rather frustrated with the protagonist and her dumb choices, and I was left wanting with a lot of unanswered questions at the end.

My friend Kerri read this and asked who I would cast in the movie.  Even though both characters are British, I would cast Emily Blunt and Jon Krasinski as Erin and Mark.  There's no reason the husband can't be American.  I'm still thinking about who could play Eddie Bishop, an older criminal who's in prison, and a subject of Erin's documentary.  I was thinking Jason Staham, but he's too young.  Need someone like him, but a bit older.

No comments: