Pages

1.03.2019

Rust & Stardust by T. Greenwood

Rust & StardustRust & Stardust by T. Greenwood

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As you read reviews of this book, you'll see the words "heart wrenching" used over and over again. There are no better words to describe this fictional retelling of the real-life kidnapping and sexual assault of 11-year old Sally Horner in 1948. I knew it was going to be a tough read, and I appreciated that the author was not needlessly graphic about Sally's abuse. I was captivated by the narration of the audio version as well as by the story itself, and listened it over two days. Other emotions I felt while listening were anger, frustration, sadness, and hope. I think the author did a wonderful job bringing this story to life. I docked it one star because some portions dragged a little bit and could have probably been shortened. This book definitely kept me on the edge of my seat and it will probably stay with me for a while. I'll need to read a comedy next, I think.

No comments: