Pages

3.10.2018

Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body by Roxane Gay

Hunger: A Memoir of (My) BodyHunger: A Memoir of (My) Body by Roxane Gay

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really feel for Roxane Gay and admire the courage it took for her to put her story into words. What happened to her is difficult to read, and the reader gains a little understanding how such a horrible event can affect someone their whole life. What she went through is unimaginable and horrific.

My problem with the book is how repetitive it is. At the end she mentions that pieces of the memoir had previously appeared in other various works, so the repetition makes sense. I wish more editing had been done to better weave those disparate pieces together.

This review by Hank Stuever really captured my reaction to the book.  He expresses it so much butter than I ever could.

View all my reviews

No comments: