- Yay for two Bruno Mars performances! I wish he had done Perm or Finesse instead of Versace for the first song, but I was so glad he was back for the Prince tribute. He was fantastic!
- So great to see The Time. Morris and Jerome look great.
- I was pleasantly surprised by Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood's performance--I probably liked it because it didn't sound much like a country song.
- I loved that they mentioned Sharon Jones' passing and that the Dap Kings performed with Sturgill Simpson. I'd never heard of him before, but it was a great performance. Horns and country music--who knew?! I can't find the video yet, but I'll post it when I do.
- It was great to see A Tribe Called Quest and Busta Rhymes referring to "President Agent Orange" cracked me up.
- Beyoncé and whatever the F she did. No. I just can't. (Apparently everyone on Twitter can, but I can't.)
- Needless to say, I was pleased that Adele swept Beyoncé in the big categories and so was a bit disappointed that in Adele's final acceptance speech, all she did was gush over Beyoncé. Groan. I told my sister that maybe Adele was just being proactive in keeping Kanye from bum-rushing the stage.
It's the Grammys
Just a few thoughts on last night's Grammys show.