Pages

2.20.2017

Book multi-tasking

Britt-Marie Was HereBritt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I liked this book but didn't love it like I did My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She's Sorry and A Man Called Ove (my favorite of the three). I really enjoy Fredrik Backman's writing, but this one was disjointed, and I didn't eventually fall in love with the Britt Marie character like I did with the "unlikeable" characters in the other books. Still, I was touched and moved several times, and chuckled several other times.



Scrappy Little NobodyScrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I like Anna Kendrik a lot and like her even more after listening to this audiobook, read by Anna herself.  She's quirky and funny and her essays are mostly relatable. I say "mostly" because I obviously can't relate to presenting at the Oscars, but Anna helps you understand how that experience might be for someone brand new to it. She feels like "one of us" and I enjoyed that.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

Kerri said...

i may get the anna kendrick one on audibles in a few days when i get my credits- i sorta like her. but she also sorta bugs me. i wonder which way the book would tilt my opinion further? you know who i think would make an interesting audible and who is sorta similar just a little older is anne hathaway. and i like her more for some reason.