7.31.2016

Almost Interesting by David Spade

Almost InterestingAlmost Interesting by David Spade

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


3.5 Stars

I've never been huge fan of David Spade's. I liked him on SNL well enough, but I haven't seen many of his movies, and didn't know much about him. At the recommendation of a good friend, I went ahead and listened to his audiobook, which he narrates. It's pretty crude and raunchy at parts, but through his story, his self deprecation, and the way that he chuckles at what he's reading, he endeared himself to me. I really enjoyed the chapters about SNL and movie making. I had never seen Tommy Boy, but after listening to that chapter, I watched it on Netflix, and was pleasantly surprised by what a sweet movie it actually is. I had no idea. The audio book with David's narration is quite funny and I'm glad I listened.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

Kerri said...

i agree with you that he comes off a lot nicer than i would have thought with him sorta laughing at himself. i watched tommy boy so long ago, but want to watch again. i loved hearing about his friendship with chris farley. i also thought that story about his assistant attacking him was just crazy! anyway, glad you liked it. :)