6.17.2016

Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll - SPOILERS!!

Luckiest Girl AliveLuckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


SPOILER ALERT!!


Mixed feelings about this one. The first half was better than the second. The parts written about what happened to TifAni was difficult and painful to read. The part about the school shooting was also tough to read, not just because it was a school shooting, but also because I didn't see it coming, and read it just days after the horrendous Orlando shooting at Pulse. After that took place, the last third of the book dragged along and I found myself skimming quite a bit.

I was prepared to give the book 2 stars because I didn't enjoy it that much, but then I learned that the author herself was a victim of rape (http://www.elle.com/life-love/a35202/...). I then understood why that section was so painful to read--it was because she was writing from a horrible, personal experience. I bumped my rating to 3 stars because I have to respect that she was able to write that down. I hope it was cathartic for her.



View all my reviews

No comments: