12.03.2014

Yes, Please by Amy Poehler

Yes PleaseYes Please by Amy Poehler

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I listened to the audiobook and thoroughly enjoyed it. Amy reads the book herself and has guest voices in the booth with her including Seth Meyers, Patrick Stewart, Carol Burnett, Kathleen Turner, and Mike Schur, plus her parents. My favorite chapters were the ones about tidbits from Saturday Night Live, and the one about the various cast members of Parks & Recreation. Amy just seems like the kind of person you want to be friends with, and after listening to this, it's even more true. She's also quite insightful and I was often touched by her words. I think I'll have to get a copy of the hardcopy too, because it also looks like a lot of fun with photos and handwritten pages. If you like Amy Poehler, I definitely recommend this book.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Oh I definitely have to get my hands on the audiobook! I listened to Bossypants and the Mindy Kaling book and loved that the girls read their books... They're so funny so their voices add to it for sure. I didn't even like Mindy before hearing her book...I watched her on The Office but knew nothing about her. After the book, I felt like she was my BFF. Haha. She's way funnier and relatable than I would have thought.