3.31.2014

Haaaaaaave you met Ted?

I've complained a lot over the last couple of years about How I Met Your Mother, but I made the decision to stick with it and see it through to the end.  Even though I was annoyed that this final season took place over one weekend, the last 2-3 episodes made up for it.  And, tonight's finale was satisfying.  I enjoyed it, and I actually will miss those five friends every Monday night. 


In other news, I saw two movies over the weekend:  Bad Words, which I really enjoyed, and The Grand Budapest Hotel, which, while beautiful to watch, was a little dull.  If you're deciding which Wes Anderson movie to see, I'd recommend Moonrise Kingdom over this one.  And if you want an idea of what a Wes Anderson movie is like, watch this spoof from SNL which pretty much nails it.  (I LOVE Ed Norton doing Owen Wilson.)


As for Bad Words, there's a little kid in there (Rohan Chand), who just steals the show! He's so cute--I just loved watching him go toe to toe with Jason Bateman. This was a fun movie.

4 comments:

Allyssa said...

I loved the HIMYM finale. It's pissing me off that everyone on FB is panning it. I'm glad you liked it too. OH, and that Wes Anderson spoof was hilarious and dead on.

Valerie said...

Yeah, it does seem I've read more negative reviews about the finale than positive ones. If you think about it, those scenes with the kids at the end were taped a long time ago, so the writers always intended Robin & Ted to be together. They just probably didn't expect the show to go on for NINE seasons. I thought it all made perfect sense.

Ms. Movie said...

So...I wasn't completely satisfied with the finale and I absolutely loved the series while it was on. Barney and Robin getting divorced? Robin ending up with Ted? We only just met The Mother and now she's gone? It was all a little disappointing.

Valerie said...

I can see what you're saying. But the ending makes sense when they spent SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much time on his relationship with Robin.