3.24.2014

Excuse me a sec, what are you babbling about?

Holy crap!  I just saw somewhere that 30 years ago today, The Breakfast Club happened.  Say what?!

THIRTY YEARS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Jesus.

Okay, after that initial shock, I started thinking about how much I love that movie.  How I still quote it to this day, even when my 27-year-old coworkers have no idea what I'm talking about.  ("Will milk be made available to us?"  "The door's WAY too heavy, sir."  "Excuse me a sec, what are you babbling about?"  "Does Barry Manilow know you that you raid his wardrobe?"  "Hey, how come Andrew gets to get up?  If he gets up, we'll all get up--it'll be anarchy!") How it was the first R-rated movie I saw in a theater where there were no parents to be found.  I saw it with my friend Kelly--gosh, I was 13, and she had just turned 14.  Her mom took us to the theater and bought us the tickets.  I don't think parents are allowed to do that anymore--don't underage kids have to be accompanied by adults?  Ah, the good ole days.  Anyway, we felt so grown up and had a fabulous time.  That movie brings back such good memories.  I'll have to put it on this weekend...it's been a while.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Isn't that crazy! I feel old. You know what else makes me feel old? That there are current remakes out of "endless love" and "about last night".

Valerie said...

*Sigh*

I saw a car the other day that was pretty popular when I was in high school. It had "Historic" tags on it. Ugh.