1.22.2014

The dramas

I said the other day that I'd come back and talk about the dramas I'm enjoying.  It took a while, but here I am.  I think the reason it took so long is because I'm not quite as excited about the dramas as I am the comedies, but...

The Good Wife is as good as ever.  The new HBO show, True Detective, with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McC. seems promising.  I love The Blacklist, but last week's show was a bit too much with the torture stuff.  I've loved this season of American Horror Story: Coven.  The scenes with Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett, and Kathy Bates are fantastic. I really liked the first episode of Chicago PD, but the second episode was a little over dramatic.  BUT, this show has Jon Seda, and I'll watch anything he's in.  And I still LOVE Parenthood.  Ray Romano deserves an Emmy for his scene last week with the therapist.  Elementary is fun.  I can't wait for Suits to start again in March.  Oh, and Downton Abbey is back! 

Revenge keeps me watching, even though it's SO convoluted.  I guess this is the guilty pleasure of the bunch.  Nashville falls into this category too--it's such a soap opera.


What I'm not liking:  the revamp of The Mentalist.  The storyline that they introduced at the end of the most recent episode that hinted ever-so-slightly of "Red John Aftermath" made me scream.  I'll watch the next new show and if that's where they're going, I'm done.

I guess that's it for the dramas.

Speaking of drama, didn't Richard Sherman remind you of Busta Rhymes?  I think they're the same person.



No comments: