1.01.2014

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it's already 2014.  Seems like the holiday season went by in a blur, but it was nice to spend time with family.   Over the holidays, I saw "American Hustle" and "Saving Mr. Banks."

I was unsure about "American Hustle" for the first 30 minutes or so--it was as slow build, but ultimately, I enjoyed it.  The cast was great and they all gave excellent performances.

I saw "Mr. Banks" on Monday night and loved it.  I found myself smiling in several parts of the movie, and when I got home, I downloaded (? -- should I say streamed?) "Mary Poppins," which I hadn't seen in years.

After having a great dinner at a local Ethiopian restaurant with my family on New Years' Eve, I came home, watched Mary Poppins, and then popped in Bridget Jones' Diary.  I like watching that around the new year.  Then I watched the ball drop, and then in an effort to drown out my neighbor's pounding bass that I'd been listening to ALL DAY LONG, I turned up my own music, played the bass-iest songs I had, and enjoyed my own little dance party.  Dance like no one's watching, right?

(About my neighbors--I would never complain to them about the music--it only happens on holidays AND they shovel my walk and rake my leaves.  How could I possibly complain?)

Today I just took my last day before going back to work to relax and mentally prepare myself.  (I kept kicking myself for not taking leave and going back to work on the 6th.)  Oh well, at least this way, I'll go for two days, and then ta-da! It's the weekend again.

In other news, I met my goal to read 24 books in 2013.  This year I'm upping the ante to 30.  Can I do it?  We shall see.

Happy New Year!


No comments: