8.25.2013

Thoughts on SYTYCD Top 8 show

I decided not to blog about So You Think You Can Dance this season because: 1) it's a lot of work and time-consuming, and 2) I don't think anyone was reading the posts anyway.  But, every once in a while I see something that I want to post about.  Right now I'm watching the show featuring the Top 8 performers from last week.  Unfortunately, my man Fik-shun found himself in the bottom four and had to perform a solo.  But, that was actually lucky for the viewers because we haven't seen him dance in his own style in a long time, and here's what he did:


I love this kid.  He's such a cutie. He takes on everything that's thrown at him and he's oh-so-talented.  And my goodness...that smile.


Wow.  And then he did this with Allison:


Allison choreographed that piece and it was gorgeous.

So yes, in this episode, the All-Star dancers also choreographed the routines in which they performed.  It was good to see Chelsea back.  I heard "Bleeding Love" earlier today and to this day, when I hear that song, I always think of Chelsea and Mark in one of my favorite performances ever.  (I've posted it before, but there's no harm in posting it again.)


Mark was back too, and we got to see all his kooky, crazy choreography. Nigel said that not only should he be Lady Gaga's lead dancer, he should be her lead choreographer. This was fun. I love watching him dance. Oh, and Jenna was good too...


And what? Jasmine performed with Twitch?! Hell yeah!


Jasmine and Aaron were my favorite couple throughout the show and I'm pulling for both of them. (I also want them to marry each other.)


Sooo....I'm writing this as I watch the show and just saw Amy and Travis perform. In all honesty, as much as I love Jasmine, Amy is INCREDIBLE and really does deserve to win the whole show. I've loved her from the beginning too.


Just give her the prize now. Amazing.

In case you're wondering, we got to the end of the show, and Fik-Shun was safe!  Yay!!

No comments: