8.06.2013

One thing leads to another...and, "Let there be bass." ~Leo Fender

I was checking in on an old high school friend of mine on Facebook, and he had posted a YouTube video of a young lady (Marta Altesa) doing a bass cover of Paul Young's "Every Time You Go Away." I loved it. (My friend added, "New sexiest woman alive playing one of my favorite 80's songs....Amazing bass and baseline.").

Well, of course, one YouTube video always leads to another, and I found Marta's other bass covers. Bass and percussion are my favorites parts of music and these videos were right up my alley. I really loved this cover of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Dani California."


And then that lead me to young "deppwaswho" and her bass cover of Daft Punk's "Get Lucky."


She certainly holds her own.

I need to get to bed, but here's another favorite from Marta:


I'm definitely a fan!

So glad I checked in on my old friend. Of course, I have no idea what he's really up to because as soon as I saw that video, this is all I've been doing for the past hour. Oh well. I hope he's well.


10 minutes later....

But wait! There's more! She's done a bass AND drum cover! What?!

No comments: