7.04.2013

Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris

Let's Explore Diabetes with OwlsLet's Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I listened to the audio version of the book, read by David Sedaris himself, which I think is the best way to experience David Sedaris.  I enjoyed the majority of the stories and often found myself laughing out loud.  I particularly enjoyed the essays that he read to a live audience.  The musical interludes between each essay reminded me of listening to All Things Considered on NPR.  I didn't care as much for the fictional essays toward the end, but some still made me laugh.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Kerri said...

i tend to love audio books WHEN READ BY THE AUTHOR! especially if they're memoirs... for instance: tiny fey's book was so funny on audio and i loved having tina read it to me. anyway, i'll have to check this one out. does he have diabetes or something?