6.10.2013

Only the Truth by Pat Brown

Only the TruthOnly the Truth by Pat Brown

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I'd really like to give this 3 1/2 stars. This is the story about Billy Ray, an illiterate man who leads a simple life with Big Dog. (His character reminded me a lot of Forrest Gump.) One day he comes across a young girl near the train tracks who asks to go home with him. They live together in happiness for a couple of years until an old man moves in across the street, and then trouble and mystery ensues.

It's a compelling read that kept me hooked to the end. However, I had a few issues with the ending. It was like an episode of Law & Order that wraps up nicely after an hour. There was also a big plot point that was mentioned repeatedly throughout the book, yet in the tidy ending, this one point was never resolved. That was a little frustrating.

All in all, it was an enjoyable, quick read. I'd still recommend it.


View all my reviews

No comments: