6.28.2013

My name in lights...

Well, not lights exactly, but I do have a blog post devoted to me, and that's kind of fun.

A couple years ago, I took up knitting.  I bought a kit with a DVD, and between that, YouTube videos, and books and patterns that I picked up, I figured it all out.  A few months ago, I tried to do the same thing with crochet, but it wasn't as easy for me.  I'm not sure if it had something to do with me being left-handed, but holding the yarn and crochet hook just felt awkward and I couldn't get it.

A few weeks ago, I noticed that a local yarn shop was holding a beginner's crochet class, and I signed up.  I figured it might help to see someone else crocheting and have them guide me in how to do it.

The class was a lot of fun, and I've been crocheting little things ever since.  One of the projects from class was Jackie the Cow, a pattern by Fresh Stitches.  Although we didn't have enough time in the class to get into the details of Jackie the Cow, I was determined to figure it out and finish the project.

When I did, I sent an email with a picture to the instructor, Jennifer Raymond, to let her know I'd completed it.  She, in turn, asked if she could feature it on her blog, and ta-da, here's the post about my Jackie the Cow.

As it turns out, Jackie turned out to be very photogenic.  When I look at her sitting on my side table right now though, I feel like she'd fit right in on the Island of Misfit Toys.


Still, for a first try, I'm pretty pleased. 


2 comments:

Allyssa said...

Awww, she's cute! Great job.

Valerie said...

Thanks Allyssa!