4.26.2013

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Eleanor and ParkEleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Wow. Just wow. I don't even know where to start. It's too easy to say this story is about two misfits who find each other and fall in love, because it's so much more than that. The story takes place in 1986 and Rainbow Rowell completely me took me back to that time, and those days that I was in high school in 1986 and had my first love. The story is sweet, charming, even heartbreaking...but so wonderful.  I definitely recommend this one.

Side note:  The story takes place in Omaha, Nebraska, which is where my whole family is from.  My sister & I never lived there, but we visit each summer to see everyone.  I had to laugh when Park took Eleanor to the Old Market.  Ms. Rowell writes: [Eleanor had] never been to the Old Market, which was practically the only place to go in Omaha.

So true!  Every year, my sister and I try to hit the Old Market as often as possible, and we always say that if we were to live in Omaha, that's where we'd have to live. 


View all my reviews

No comments: