12.10.2012

I finally finished a book

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop TalkingQuiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I've been reading this for a long time, but it took me a while.  There's nothing wrong with the book--I've just been busy.  According to Myers Briggs testing, I'm as strong an introvert as you can possibly be. This book really appealed to me, and I enjoyed reading it. It was interesting to see research and explanations for the differences between introverts and extroverts, and I saw myself throughout the book. I really wish I could keep copies in my pocket to give to people when they ask, "Why are you so quiet?" or "Why aren't you saying anything?" Or to people who think I should change and be more outgoing. No I shouldn't. I'm fine the way I am. I do think it's a must read for everyone, not just introverts.

I didn't give more than three stars because of the huge focus on raising introverted children. Since I have no kids, that didn't do anything for me.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Kerri said...

i tried reading that book, but just had too many books waiting to be read at the time...

glad you read it tho- my fellow introvert. :)