12.31.2012

Happiness, where art thou?

Wokini: A Lakota Journey to Happiness and Self-UnderstandingWokini: A Lakota Journey to Happiness and Self-Understanding by Billy Mills
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is an inspiring book about a young Native American boy from the Lakota tribe who goes on a quest to figure out how to be happy after the death of his sister. It was a quick read and I enjoyed it. It definitely got me thinking about various aspects of my own happiness.

I can't remember how I came across this book in the first place, but it sounded interesting and was.  Billy Mills is from the Lakota tribe and won an Olympic gold metal at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics for the 10,000-meter run.

This book is the 22nd book I read this year, which means I met my goal.  It was close, which was why I chose a quick read for the last two days of the year.  Next year I'll challenge myself to read 24 books.  We'll see how it goes.

View all my reviews

No comments: