11.05.2012

Clearing out the Tivo

So, this week I've decided it's time to say goodbye to some TV shows.

First is Once Upon a Time.  I didn't LOVE it last season...I thought it was a clever idea and decided to try it again this season in case the story telling picked up any.  It didn't.

Next is Partners.  I watched the first 2-3 shows.  Terrible.  Terrible laugh track.  I wanted to like it so much because I love Michael Urie, but it's just bad.

I've also decided to drop Amazing Race.  The pairs this year are SOOOOO annoying.  There's no one to root for, and it's just no fun any more.

I just watched tonight's episode of How I Met Your Mother and it jumped so high over the shark tonight that I think it's still in space.  I might give it another week or two, but I'm not sure.  It's gone on WAY to long.

Major Crimes.  I decided to watch the first season after this show converted from The Closer, but it's just not the same without Brenda Lee Johnson.  

Oh, and mixed feelings about American Horror Story: Asylum.  It's just not as compelling as it was last year.  I think the alien thing has thrown it off.  I'll watch another couple weeks, then decide.

Grey's Anatomy - eh. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks.
Ahh...it feels good to clear some time in my schedule and off my Tivo. 

Still loving Homeland.  It's The. Best. Show. on TV right now.  I was getting a little bored with Boardwalk Empire until last night's show.  Treme is still great, as are Parenthood and The Good Wife.  I'm also liking Nashville, Go On, The Mindy Project, and The New Normal, and I'm so glad Happy Endings is back.  

Happy TV watching!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Valerie, what do you think about the (d)evolution of Kalinda's character on the Good Wife? She was always one of my favorites, but in a past issue of Entertainment Weekly I think they hit the nail on the head in the Bullseye section when they had a picture of her and said something like, I'm Kalinda Sharma and I make no sense. I still like the show, but I find myself cringing whenever Kalinda shows up now, just because I am worried about what kind of ridiculous non-Kalinda-like thing they will have her do this time.

Thoughts?
Erika

Valerie said...

I'm with you completely, Erika. I don't like the storyline with her husband. I liked Kalinda better when she was a real mystery, but now I feel like we have too much information about her. And you're right...all the non-Kalinda things are too hard to accept because the Kalinda we knew, wouldn't act like that.