10.17.2012

I Want You to Shut the F#ck Up by D.L. Hughley

I Want You to Shut the F#ck Up: Genius Thoughts on Our Idiot AmericaI Want You to Shut the F#ck Up: Genius Thoughts on Our Idiot America by D.L. Hughley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don't always care for D.L. Hughley's stand up comedy, but whenever I've seen him on Bill Maher talking politics and social issues, I always find myself nodding along. I had the same reaction to this book. I agree with him on a lot of things--politics, education, family, but not others: monogamy, guns, his views on women. He's kind of all over the place in this book topic wise, but I enjoyed it, and especially enjoyed getting the insight into his life (especially his childhood) and how he wound up where he is today, despite (or because) of his background. He ended with a nice tribute to Bernie Mac and I plan to see Kings of Comedy again soon.

View all my reviews

No comments: