8.09.2012

I'm enjoying the Olympics, but man, I'm tired.

These late hours watching the Olympics is getting to me.  For almost two weeks, I've been up until at least 1:00am EDT, but usually it's closer to 1:30am.  On the night of the Curiosity landing on Mars, it was until after 2:00am.  On a school night?!  I'm supposed to be at work at 7am.  It's too much!  I'm enjoying the games, but am kind of looking forward to them ending so I can sleep.

Meanwhile, I just wanted to mention a couple of things....one is that I really enjoyed the pilot of Matthew Perry's new show, "Go On" that NBC aired last night.  I think it has a lot of promise. It was funny, but also touching.  I hope it does well.

The other is something I've been meaning to mention for a while.  It's about guilty pleasure music.  The nail salon I go to plays a sort of "Lite FM" Sirius/XM station.  Every time I'm in there, I want to burst out in song. I know I'm not the only one because I'll often hear other people humming along. The music always brings back memories and reminds me of my childhood.  The last time I was there, I wrote down the songs I heard:

Sometimes When We Touch - Dan Hill
Don't Cry Out Loud - Melissa Manchester (This was my favorite song when I was 7 or 8 years old.♥♥♥)
Vision of Love - Mariah Carey
Just to See Her - Smokey Robinson
Anything for You - Gloria Estefan
Feelings - Morris Albert - whoa, whoa, whoa feelings....
I'm Born Again - Billy Preston with Syreeta. I LOVE this song.
Secret Lovers - Atlantic Starr. This one reminds me of my high school days. I remember going to play Putt Putt with some friends after school. One was a headbanger who always wore Guns-n-Roses t-shirts. I'll never forget him singing his heart out to this song in the car.  Now he's a preacher in Florida.  Go figure.
The Lover in Me - Sheena Easton (I had written down Pebbles...I couldn't remember who sang it.)
It's an interesting mix, right? It's kind of embarrassing to admit, and I feel so old doing so, but I just love it.  I told my friend Mark that I'm tempted to get Sirius/XM just for that one station.  That'd be a little crazy, but every time I'm in for a mani/pedi, I think about it.

Now to get some street cred back--here's another favorite of mine:

No comments: