5.08.2012

And the winner of The Voice is....

Well, we'll find out in about an hour.  In the meantime, we get a recap of last night's show.  It's been interesting reading about the controversy with Xtina and Adam today.  I saw a lot of people coming from the same place I was--wanting Xtina to LOSE.  Unfortnately, Chris is caught in the middle of that, but I also saw plenty of people that were voting for him.  We'll see how it all shakes out.

But first, some performances.  Jermaine Paul (Team Blake) is bringing back Jamar Rogers (CeeLo), Pip (Adam), and James Massone (CeeLo) to sing The Jackson Five's "I Want You Back."  James' voice is perfect for this song...he sounds like a 12-year-old Michael Jackson.  Cute performance...they sounded great together.

Flo Rida performs with Juliet Simms.  He starts with "Blow My Whistle,"  and then  Juliet comes out on "Wild One."  Fun.

Chris Mann (Team Xtina)  brings back Lindsey Pavao (Xtina) and Katrina Parker (Adam) to sing "Bitter Sweet Symphony" by The Verve.  Great job, but it was clear that Chris was the right person to be in the finale over Lindsey.

Hall & Oates perform "Rich Girl" with Chris Mann, Jermaine Paul, and Tony Lucca.  I'll definitely be listening to Hall & Oates tomorrow.  Love them!  Jermaine's a backup singer one more time. 

Oh geez.  I just realized the finale is 2 hours long.  Ugh.

Next performance is Naia Kete (Blake), Sera Hill (Xtina), Cheesa (CeeLo), and Kim Yarbrough (Adam) with Stevie Wonder's "Superstition."   They do a great job...Cheesa really stood out. 

Juliet is singing "With a Little Help from My Friends" with Jamar (back again), RaeLynn (Blake) and Erin Willett (Blake).  Hopefully this will be the last time I have to hear RaeLynn's voice.  Erin sounds great.

Lady Antebellum performs "Wanted You More."  By themselves...no accompaniment by contestants. 

Tony Lucca is singing "Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac with Jordis Unga (Blake).  He was going to perform it earlier in the season, but he said it was missing the female component.  Now he's happy to sing it with Jordis.  I love her.  I'd buy her music.  They sound great together.

Justin Bieber performs "Boyfriend."

And now, finally, we learn the results.  Carson first reveals the artist in 4th place.  Only a quarter of a prercentage point separates 4th from 3rd place. 

4th place is....Chris Mann  (Here comes Xtina to the stage in her little rhinestone booty shorts which are offensive to me and derogatory toward women.)

3rd place is....Tony Lucca  (wow...I'm kind of surprised.  I thought it would be Jermaine.)  How come Chris got to say a few words, but Tony didn't?!  I'm offended!

And...the winner is.....Jermaine Paul!!!!!!  WOW.....  I thought Juliet had it.   (4 percentage points separated 1st from 2nd place)

Awesome result--he was fantastic last night.  I think he's diverse and will do well. 

He sings us out with "I Believe I Can Fly."  He's almost too overcome to sing.  And he sings with his wife in his arms.  Aww....great stuff. 

And another season is done.  Thanks for reading. 



No comments: