12.22.2011

The X Factor

I haven't written much about The X Factor for a couple of reasons:
  1. Me and a guy at work are the only people I know who are watching it, and we have enough discussion over Facebook.
  2. I didn't really care about the show that much.  The show came on Wednesday nights, but I wouldn't watch it until the weekend.  I wasn't interested in voting, and there was no urgency to see it since no one would be talking about it the next day.
That said, here are a few comments on tonight's finale (***SPOILERS***):
  • I've loved Melanie and Josh from the start.  Everyone else was eh.  I'm thrilled that they were the top two.  They HAD to be the top two because they're the best two singers in the competition.  Go America!  You actually got it right on this show. 
  • They brought out Rachel Crow, the 13-year-old contestant who dramatically collapsed to the floor when she was eliminated two weeks ago.  She seems fine, and the host allowed her to introduce whatever was coming next.  In that 2 minutes, it was clear that Rachel should be hosting next year's show over the current guy--Steve Whatever-His-Name-Is.
  • 50 Cent performed.  I can't explain it, but I totally have a crush on him.  Oh, and Ne-Yo too.
  • Stevie Wonder performed...he backed up Justin Bieber.  Say what?!  Shouldn't that be the other way around?
  • I can no longer watch Pitbull perform on TV.  During the American Music Awards, my sister pointed out how tight his pants always are.  I never noticed before, but now it's all I see, and sometimes it's just.......obscene.  Yeah.  Let's go with that word.  Tonight's performance was no exception.
  • After last night's show, Melanie completely deserved the win tonight.  I'm so happy for her!  And I know Josh will be fine. 

2 comments:

Kerri said...

i totally agree.

i watched it to, but it didn't seem like the cool thing to talk about, so i kept it on the down low.

i'm not sure why it's not that appealing. it could be that i'm over the singing contests show? anyway, the girl who one did have an amazing voice!!!

Valerie said...

I wish I'd known you were watching...we could've at least talked to each other! :o)