12.17.2011

Random thoughts...

  • I saw one of these Charmin commercials earlier today:



    I have always wondered since they started airing these commercials....  Is leftover TP really a problem for anyone??  Even with the cheapest TP they use at work (that feels like parchment paper), I've never had this problem. I just don't get it. 
  • Claire Danes' Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress in television in Homeland was deserved based on last week's episode alone.  She's amazing.  I can't wait for tomorrow's finale.
  • Speaking of the Golden Globes, I think the strongest category of nominees is for Best Supporting Actress for television.  (For what it's worth, it's also the only category where I've seen each of the performances nominated.)  The nominees are:

    Jessica Lange – American Horror Story (FX)
    Kelly MacDonald – Boardwalk Empire (HBO)
    Maggie Smith – Downton Abbey (Masterpiece) (PBS)
    Sofia Vergara – Modern Family (ABC)
    Evan Rachel Wood – Mildred Pierce (HBO)

    The award has to go to Jessica Lange.  Hands down.

  • Steve Carell wrote a nice tribute to Ryan Gosling in Entertainment Weekly. About Ryan's role in Crazy, Stupid, Love Carell wrote:
    A lot of people responded to how incredibly good-looking he was and what a great physique he had. When he took his shirt off, as a producer on the movie, I thought, "He's exactly what that guy should look like." But that's not who Ryan is. In his mind, he was just becoming a character. He read that part of the script where Emma Stone's character says, "Seriously? It's like you're Photoshopped," and he took that piece of information and worked out to a point where he actually did look Photoshopped. But it wasn't coming from a place of vanity; it was an actor's choice. And there's a really big difference between those two things.
    I just love that.
  • Regarding Amazing Race (**SPOILERS...but really, I'd think everyone would've watched by now**)  This is the most disappointed I've been in the outcome.  Ever.   I wanted anyone but Cindy to win.  ANYONE.
  • And finally:

Happy Holidays!



3 comments:

Erika said...

Hey, you're back! I was wondering when I'd see a new post here!

Valerie said...

I know. I've been slackin'! Sorry about that. :o)

Kerri said...

not sure. but those commercials are CRAZY. i think they're intended for pot smokers.