12.24.2011

Jersey Boys

Just saw Jersey Boys for the second time.  I just LOVE that show.  This one was in D.C. and it was even better than the first time because 1) the people behind us weren't talking and singing the whole time, and 2) the guy playing Frankie Valli was better than the guy we saw on Broadway.  He was wonderful.

As we were leaving, I was singing December 1963 (Oh What a Night) in my head and it got me thinking about shows that leave you singing.  (This was my problem with Wicked.  I didn't leave the theater singing.)  Then that got me thinking about what my favorite all-time musicals are.   After Rent, it's difficult to rank them, so just know that Rent is my all-time fave and the others are tops.  I also included how many times I've seen these shows on stage.

  • Rent (Hmm...I lost count.  I think 12, maybe 13)
  • Les Miserables (4, maybe 5)
  • Jersey Boys (2)
  • Hairspray (2)
  • A Chorus Line (2 - though one was a high-school production...it was well done though!)
  • West Side Story (1)
Methinks I'll be puling out all these soundtracks next week (after all the Christmas music is over), and I'll just be singing along to my heart's content.

No comments: