9.10.2011

A Visit from the Good Squad by Jennifer Egan

A Visit from the Goon SquadA Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This story follows the lives of Bennie, a musician/record executive and Sasha, his assistant, as well as various characters that pass through their lives at various times. Much like The Imperfectionists, each chapter features the story of one of these characters. The stories are told in first, second, and third person, and one chapter is even told through a slide presentation, and each takes place during a different period of time--past, present and future.

For the most part I liked this book (didn't love it), but there were two chapters I totally hated, one of them being the final chapter. I got through it, but found myself skimming quite a bit. I just didn't really care about the character featured in that chapter, which ultimately ties all the other stuff together. For me, though, it was a disappointing ending.

View all my reviews

No comments: