9.26.2011

TV pulse check

I've made a few decisions about the news shows I decided to check out this season.  The results:


Dropped
  • Unforgettable - I was originally intrigued by the fact that the main character has the ability to remember every day of her life, but the show wasn't unique or original. It's just a typical police procedural and for me, her memory isn't enough of a twist to keep me coming back for more. I much prefer The Mentalist where you have Simon Baker's charm and intuition.
  • Free Agents - didn't expect much & I was right.


Too Soon to Tell
  • 2 Broke Girls - I hate comedies with canned laughter telling me when I'm supposed to be laughing, but I do like Kat Dennings, so I'll give it a couple more weeks.  Can't quite figure out why Entertainment Weekly had this as one of the Top 5 to watch.
  • The X Factor - this merits another blog post in and of itself...stay tuned. I want to see what happens after auditions are over and then I'll make my decision.


Keepers
  • Revenge - this will be a fun guilty pleasure.
  • Up All Night - makes me laugh out loud.
  • Person of Interest - intriguing.
  • New Girl - Pilot episode was fun.
  • Prime Suspect - Maria Bello is great in this. Love her.



In other news...
  • The Office cracked me up. Nothing to do with James Spader--instead it was the planking sight gags. Hilarious.
  • The Sing Off is still fun. If I had to choose between this and The X Factor, I'd go with The Sing Off all the way.
  • Grey's Anatomy - don't know if I'll be able to stick with this all season. McDreamy's getting on my nerves.
  • Still iffy on Glee too. We'll see.
  • Still loving Parenthood, Modern Family, The Good Wife, The Mentalist, Parks & Rec, Community and The Middle

I still have to watch Pan Am and a few other shows will be starting over the next couple of weeks. I'll report back later on.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I keep meaning to watch "new girl" and the one time I remembered to record it, the baseball game ran over and took it's spoy. So I've still yet to see! I've been watching "revenge" too.