Just some thoughts:
- I'm happy with Modern Family winning just about anything it was nominated for. Julie Bowen, Ty Burrell, Best Comedy, Director, etc., etc. So well deserved.
- Also happy with Mad Men's win for Best Drama. When's that damn show coming back anyway?
- My favorite win of the night was Kyle Chandler FINALLY winning for Friday Night Lights. I just wish Connie Britton had won too. (But I was happy for Julianna Marguiles too.)
- I was surprised by Melissa McCarthy's win for Best Actress in a Comedy. I was pulling for Laura Linney for The Big C. I love Melissa McCarthy, but not for Mike & Molly. I wonder if her turn in Bridesmaids this summer caused people to take notice.
- I loved what the best comedy actress nominees did--Rob Lowe was naming the nominees and when he said, "Amy Poehler for Parks & Recreation," she jumped right on stage as if she won. All the other nominees followed suit. When Melissa McCarthy won, they crowned her like Miss America.
As you might recall, a couple years ago, the nominees for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy all had on funny glasses when their names were called. Amy Poehler is the common denominator in these two events...I'm sure she had something to do with it.
- They must do away with red carpet interviews before the show. They are painful to watch, and I'm sure painful for all involved.