9.11.2011

It's TV Time!!

I love this time of year. I get my Entertainment Weekly Fall TV Preview issue and pore through it, figuring out what my TV schedule is going to be. Here's what I've come up with:


According to EW, shows marked with the are the Top 5 "must-watch" shows of the season. Note that EW's list of the Top 5 isn't always reliable. If I remember correctly, one of the shows on this list last year was canceled after only two episodes. Still, I'm willing to give these a try.


My new shows are shown in bold italics and include:
  • Once Upon a Time - starring Ginnifer Goodwin, which is the only reason I'm willing to watch.  I really like her.  This is about fairy tale characters stuck in Maine (for some reason), trying to get back to their fairy tales, I guess.  Kind of reminds me of Jasper Fford's books, so it could be fun.
  • Pan Am - this was on EW's "also look out for" list--it didn't quite make it to the Top 5. It's more like an honorable mention.  Willing to watch this one because of Christina Ricci.
  • Homeland - stars Claire Danes and Damian Lewis, whom I loved in Life a couple years ago.  Claire Danes is a CIA agent, and Damian Lewis is a rescued POW Marine who may or may not be planning a terrorist attached against America.
  • 2 Broke Girls - I'm only watching this because it's on EW's top 5 list.  Also, because it follows right after How I Met Your Mother, so it's easy to just stay on the channel.  I read that Whitney Cummings had something to do with this show which knocks it down several pegs in my book.  (Whitney also will be starring in a show on NBC called Whitney, which I will not be watching.  I just do not find her funny.  One night I fell asleep with the TV on (as I often do), and I woke up to Whitney's stand-up routine.  Talk about nails on a chalkboard.  She's loud, and her voice squeaks, and she ends every sentences in an up-tone...you know, so everything she says?  Sounds like a question?  I can't stand it.
  • New Girl - looking forward to this cuz I love Zooey Deschanel.
  • Unforgettable - this is about a detective who has the ability to remember every moment of her life.  Going to tune in to this one because of an amazing story I saw on 60 Minutes about people with that ability.  Seems interesting.
  • Up All Night - this is the show I'm most looking forward to this year, with Will Arnett and Christina Applegate. 
  • Free Agents - I have a feeling this isn't going to be good, but I love Hank Azaria, so I'll give it a try.
  • The X Factor - I have missed Simon. 
  • Revenge - I have a few misgivings about this too, but it'll be interesting to see "Rebecca" from Brothers & Sisters playing a not-so-nice role.
  • American Horror Story - Good grief.  The commercials for this show kinda freak me out, but it's got Dylan McDermott AND Connie Britton, so I have to watch.
  • Person of Interest - this has something to do with new technology that can predict when crimes are going to happen.  I probably wouldn't tune in if it weren't on EW's list, because, as you can see, the Thursday schedule is pretty crowded.
  • Prime Suspect - Maria Bello. That's enough for me.
A few other notes about the old shows:
  • The Biggest Loser - last season I was ready to give this up.  This season they have two new trainers and will be splitting people up based on age.  I'm committing to watch the first show and the finale.  Not sure what I'll do about the ones in between.
  • Harry's Law - last season, I was going to give up on this show after the 3rd or 4th episode, but then it started to grow on me.  Looks like there are lots of changes this year, so I'm willing to give it another go.
  • The Office - REALLY looking forward to James Spader's turn on this show.  
  • TIVO.  Thank goodness for my two dual-recording Tivo's.  Wednesdays and Thursdays are gonna be tough.
So, that's my schedule.  It's kind of embarrassing to watch SO much TV, but hey, it's what I like to do.  What can I say?

No comments: