8.12.2011

Three weeks, four movies.

So, I love movies and I love going to the movies, but until recently, I hadn't really been in the mood for it. Part of it was that there was nothing I really wanted to see, but it was more of a feeling that I just didn't want to bother.

When we were in Omaha, my sister and I found ourselves with a few unplanned hours, so we decided to see Crazy, Stupid, Love, which was so great. We loved it. And we LOVED Ryan Gosling and his sexy self. I can't wait to see it again.
When we got back, I still had a few days off work, so I took some time to see Horrible Bosses which was funny. There were only about six people in the theater (it was Friday afternoon, around 1pm), and it seemed that I was laughing more than anyone else. The movie was funny, but maybe I was also just extra giddy to not be at work. (Plus, the movie theater I went to is in walking distance of my office. That felt good.)

On Saturday, my sis and I saw Beats, Rhymes & Life which is a documentary directed by Michael Rappaport about A Tribe Called Quest, one of my favorite old-school groups. It was great to hear all their old music, and fascinating to see and hear about the dynamics of the group members. Didn't hurt that Q-Tip is easy on the eyes, or that my man COMMON made an appearance. (He even made an appearance in the movie trailer!)

And finally, today I saw The Help. I'd been looking forward to it ever since I finished the book in June. I really enjoyed the movie. The cast is great, Sissy Spacek is a scene-stealer. I love Emma Stone and Viola Davis. Great performances all around.

Interestingly enough, I went to an 11:35 a.m. showing (I'm off work every other Friday), and was surprised to find the theater about 80% full. Usually when I go to a daytime movie on a weekday, there are just a handful of people, most of whom are over the age of 60. Today the theater was filled with people who should have been at work!

And can I just say that I have a huge girl-crush on Emma Stone? She's so awesome. She was on Jimmy Fallon last night and is SO funny...I get the feeling she'd be really cool to hang out with.

So, it seems I'm back into the movie groove. It's about time. Glad to be back.

Now, how 'bout a little Tribe to take us out?






1 comment:

Kerri said...

Ok, u gotta go see " our idiot brother". The title is misleading...it's a sweet comedy. I love the kind like that. Not gross out or crazy, off the charts stuff. Subtle. And I always am a fan of Paul rudd. So pls go see it and lemme know what u think!