8.28.2011

For Kerri - Our Idiot Brother

My friend Kerri commented on another post that I should see Our Idiot Brother. Well, Kerri, I saw it on Friday night and really enjoyed it!

I don't think it will win any awards, but Paul Rudd was wonderful as he always is. I especially loved the scenes involving his dog, "Willie Nelson." For those who don't know, the movie is about Paul Rudd, a sort of free-loving hippie who's never held a job for very long, and his three sisters, each with issues of their own. After he does a stint in jail, he bounces around between his mom's and his sisters' homes, affecting them all in different ways. The movie is sweet and funny.

I also saw Midnight in Paris last weekend. For the first several minutes, Woody Allen shows various scenes of Paris that were SO beautiful. The movie is about Owen Wilson, a screenwriter who's trying to write a novel. He and his fiance (Rachel McAdams) are in Paris with her parents. He's in love with Paris and nostalgic for the Paris of the 1920's. His fiance and parents couldn't care less (man, they really got on my nerves!) Owen wanders off on his own, and something happens at midnight that transports him back to the 20's, where he comes across Hemingway, and F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda, Picasso, and many others. The movie is VERY charming and made me realize that I need to get back to Paris sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I loved that he didn't just call his dog Willie, but Willie Nelson! I call My pup Ricky Ricardo by his full name almost all the time so it cracked me up! I LOVE Paul Rudd!!