7.04.2011

Reminiscing

I was going through some (way) older posts on my blog, which I discovered I've been writing since 2005. (That actually kind of surprised me...really?  Six years I've been doing this?)

Anyway, I came across a post from January 9. 2006, where I wrote:
I only have a few minutes, but wanted to post about the funniest commercial on TV right now. Clearly it's the spot for Sprint Nextel where the guys are "dancing" (if you want to call it that) to Salt-n-Pepa's "Push It." This commercial makes me Laugh. Out. Loud. every time I see it. If I'm in another room and hear the song playing, I'll run in to see the commercial. This the funniest ad that's been out in a while--we have to enjoy it while we can. It's hysterical!
As I was reading that tonight, I was thinking, what the hell was I talking about?? 

Well, YouTube has since been invented, and ta-da:



It's STILL hilarious! Check out that ancient cell phone!

I also came across this story about my mom...I'd forgotten all about it. I'm glad all the old posts are still there. It was fun to look back and see what was on my mind way back when.

One thing that stood out--I used to get a lot more comments back then than I do now. Is blogging "out"? With Twitter and Facebook, it might be, but I still enjoy it. Even if I am rather sporadic about posting.

No comments: