6.07.2011

What's happening on The Voice

I don't have it in me to blog the whole show, but here are some comments.

First, I loved Adam Levine's performance of "Bohemian Rhapsody" at the beginning of the show. I also liked Cee Lo, Blake Shelton, and Adam doing "We Will Rock You." I did not, however, care for Christina's rendition of "We Are the Champions."

Dia Frampton, who is on Blake's team performed Kanye West's "Heartless." She was at the piano and started out off strongly, but got a little pitchy toward the end. She's cute and talented. But, here's what annoyed me. Carson Daly went on about her phrasing and how she really made it her own. CeeLo said it was "Very original. Probably the greatest rendition of the song I've ever heard. I think it was great." Adam said, "That was the most refreshing, unique thing I've seen on the show so far. It was such an incredible idea...it was your idea right? It was the best thing I've seen on The Voice so far. Definitely the coolest." Well. That's all well and good, but Kris Allen did this exact rendition on Idol in 2009. I was pulling for Adam Lambert that season, but I loved Kris' performance of this song. He did it with a guitar instead of piano, and frankly, his version was much better. I wish Dia had given credit where credit is due.

I really enjoyed Christina and her team's performance of "Lady Marmalade." And I love Beverly--bald and bad ass, (and my age...). She's aweseome.

I love Xenia's voice, but she really needs to work on the performance. Her timidness was making me uncomfortable.

Also loved that Blake and his team performed Maroon 5's "This Love." Adam seemed pleased. This group performance wasn't as good as Christina's though. The ladies were a little weak compared to the guys. I love Jared Blake's voice, and Blake Shelton was awesome! Someone on Twitter pointed out that Blake treated his team like his TEAM, whereas Christina treated her team as her backup singers--that's a good point.

And can I just say, "You go girl!" to Frenchie Davis?! She was fantastic!

My votes are for Frenchie and Beverly on Christina's team, and Jordan and Xenia on Blake's team, though I hope Xenia can loosen up and get over her nerves. Two singers from each team will be saved. One based on America's votes, the other based on Christina or Blake's decision. Next week, Adam and CeeLo's teams will perform. Looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

oh crap. i keep forgetting to record this show and have really only seen part of 2 episodes!!!! i'll be sure to set my dvr for next week. if for nothing else, for adam!!!