5.03.2011

The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman

The ImperfectionistsThe Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this story about an international newspaper (written in English, but based out of Rome) created in the 50s, that goes through the changing times into the 2000s. Each chapter is about someone related to the paper--the obituary writer, the copy editor, a reader, etc, and each chapter could stand on its own as a short story. The lives of the some of the characters were kind of sad, but didn't bring me down like it did for some other reviewers. There was one character that I wanted to grab by the shoulders and shake though. Tom Rachman is a wonderful writer and he created a set of characters that I wanted to know about.

View all my reviews

No comments: