3.15.2011

What's happening on TV?

Some random thoughts:

  • Glee made me laugh out loud for the first time in weeks. (That sounds weird. I laugh all the time...I just haven't laughed at Glee in a long time.) I was just telling my sister that I might drop the show, and then tonight, Santana sang "Trouty Mouth" about Sam. I'll at least give it to the end of the season, but am not sure about next year. It's gotten a bit stale. Sue can only thwart Will's efforts with the Glee club so many ways.
  • Harry's Law - I was going to drop this after the first three weeks, but now it's grown on me. It has David Kelly written all over it, so it's very familiar, and I enjoy seeing actors from his previous shows appear from time to time.
  • Might give up Grey's Anatomy soon too. I find that I just don't look forward to it like I used to.
  • Raising Hope is still great, and now I'm enjoying Traffic Light, which follows it.
  • I dropped The Biggest Loser, but plan to watch the finale.
  • I enjoy A&E's Heavy a lot more...no competition or voting people off. Just two folks fighting for their lives. It's more compelling, I guess.
  • Chicago Code - I'm enjoying this show a lot, but Jennifer Beale's Chicago accent is sometimes grating.
  • The season finale of Southland was great. I'm so glad TNT picked that show up.
  • I LOVED An Idiot Abroad, where Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchant sent Karl Pilkington around the world. This show made me laugh every time, and I learned a few things along the way, too.

That's all folks!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

an idiot abroad? is it a movie? or tv? how'd i miss it?!

Valerie said...

Hi Kerri--it was a documentary that aired, of all places, on the Science channel. I noticed they're running a couple shows this weekend and next week--Brazil and China. They sent Karl to Great Wall of China, the Taj Mahal, the Pyramids, Rio de Janeiro, and...I can't remember the rest. If you're a fan of Karl Pilkington, you'll enjoy it.