3.30.2011

Random thoughts

Just a few thoughts that have been running through my head:

  • I LOVE Ted (the hair stylist) on What Not to Wear. LOVE.
  • There's a new singing competition called The Voice starting soon on NBC. When I saw Carson Daly in the ads, I was like, eh, no thanks. But then I saw Adam Levine is on. Hello! Might have to watch.
  • Parenthood's back tonight. Yay!
  • I loved Richard during his season of Top Chef, but can't stand him now on the all stars version. Mike's still an ass, so really, I don't want either of them to win. I was really hoping Carla would make it to the end.
  • Borgias looks interesting. I'll probably check it out.
  • My coworker is really cynical and talks all the time about how he thinks Amazing Race stages a lot of their scenes. I have always given them the benefit of the doubt until Vixen & Kynt's snafu a couple weeks. ago. REALLY AR?! Vixen just didn't know what was wrong with her. Oh gosh, what's wrong with Vixen? Why did they miss their plane? Oh no! AND YET....they still managed to catch up with everyone else and get back on an even playing field. I don't buy it. Vixen isn't a great actress so it all seemed fake to me. My coworker has brought me over to his dark side.
  • Nurse Jackie is back! Yay!
  • This is completely unrelated to entertainment, but there was a mugging near the Smithsonian Castle on Monday--in broad daylight. I used to eat lunch out there every day when I was working down town. This just makes me sad.
  • FINALLY going to see Wicked in July. Can't wait!
  • Adele's new album. LOVE.
  • Black Eyed Peas' new album. EH for now, but it'll probably grow on me.
  • Celebrity Apprentice - talk about train wreck television. And who knew Dionne Warwick was such a DIVA?
  • My new favorite TV reviewer is Tim Goodman, aka the Bastard Machine, from the San Francisco Chronicle. He loves Mad Men as much as I do, and is just fun to read.

I guess that's it. Now I'm gearing up for American Idol and getting my pool rankings in gear. I've got a fun group doing it with me this year, so I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: