3.16.2011

P.S. On the TV thing

I can't believe when I did my run down on TV the other day, that I did not mention the Showtime show, Shameless.  Now, this is a show I really look forward to each week. 

I kept insisting that my dad watch the show, particularly episode #3 called "Aunt Ginger," which is what really got me hooked.  He found it on OnDemand, and started with episode #1.  After he finished watching "Aunt Ginger," he called to say he'd seen it, and then he laughed for five minutes.  Today he called after having seen episode #5, called "Three Boys," and he could barely get any words out because he was laughing so hard.  It was one of those laughs where he could hardly breathe, let alone talk.  I talked to him again a few hours later, and he brought it up again, and proceeded to laugh for another five minutes.  I don't know the last time I heard my dad laugh like that.  I got a kick out of it, and am so glad he's enjoying the show with me.  I don't know anyone else who's watching, but everyone should be.

In case you're wondering, the show stars William H. Macy as the father of six children.  This is the most dysfunctional family you will ever see, and the title Shameless is the best show title ever.  Great stuff.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

i love william h. macy and didn't even know about this show shameless! i'll find it on demand. thx!