3.14.2011

Flirting with Forty by Jane Porter

Flirting with FortyFlirting with Forty by Jane Porter

My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Ugh.

I wanted to like this book. I turned 40 last year, and I picked it up sometime around my birthday. I didn't care for it at all. I'm not even sure why I finished reading it. There's no reason this book should have been 354 pages, and I should've put it down after 100 pages. The story is told in first person from Jacqueline's point of view and she spends so much time in her head--pondering, philosophizing, and fretting--that I eventually just started skimming through all that. Jacqueline has three best friends--I didn't like any of them, and couldn't figure out why she was friends with them. The only character of any interest, really, was the young boyfriend, Kai.

This is a common story about an older woman, younger man. In my opinion, "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" told it better.

View all my reviews

No comments: