1.24.2011

It's almost Oscar time!

The Oscar nominations will be announced tomorrow morning. I've already been working on the movies I need to see based on a list of recommendations from Entertainment Weekly, "25 Movies You Need to See Before Oscar Night." They recommended starting at the top of the list and working your way down. I've marked the movies I've already seen in bold--only 10 out of the 25. I better get crackin'.

  • The Social Network (now on DVD)
  • The King's Speech
  • Inception (now on DVD)
  • The Fighter
  • Toy Story 3 (now on DVD)
  • True Grit
  • Black Swan
  • The Kids Are All Right (now on DVD)
  • 127 Hours
  • Winter's Bone (now on DVD)
  • The Town (now on DVD)
  • Rabbit Hole
  • Another Year (goes wide in January)
  • Get Low (on DVD Feb. 22)
  • How to Train Your Dragon (now on DVD)
  • Blue Valentine (goes wide in January)
  • Biutiful (goes wide Jan. 28)
  • Animal Kingdom (now on DVD)
  • Waiting for "Superman" (on DVD in February)
  • Alice in Wonderland (now on DVD)
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (now on DVD)
  • Inside Job (goes wide Jan. 28)
  • The Illusionist (goes wide Feb. 4)
  • Tangled
  • Burlesque
It'll be interesting to see tomorrow how this list compares to the actual nominations.  I'm ready to stream Toy Story 3 some time this week through Netflix/Tivo, and the others that are listed as "now on DVD" are already in my queue.  Now, someone please bring me some popcorn--no butter.

No comments: