11.29.2010

Love and Other Drugs

I saw Love and Other Drugs starring Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal and have mixed emotions about it.  There were certain parts I really enjoyed and others that just made me groan (these mostly involved the brother of Jake Gyllenhaal's character).  Ultimately, I think the writers tried too hard.  At different times, the movie is a romantic comedy, then a romantic drama, then a melodrama with a message. I really enjoyed the scenes with just Hathaway and Gyllenhaal, and they both did an excellent job, but all the side stories and characters just brought the movie down.  In my opinion.

2 comments:

Jeanene said...

I'm so glad to see this review. I saw it and felt the same way. In some ways I just didn't get the overall point of the movie. ALL the scenes with the brother were very annoying, but I did like Anne and Jake together.

Kerri said...

hm. well, i definitely wanna see it. i saw an us magazine at the store today and did you know jake is dating taylor swift now??!!